Wednesday, July 8, 2009

23 Things: Thing #7

I LOVED the Cool Google Tools!!! There were so many that would be applicable to high school students. One I think they would greatly benefit from is Google Scholar. It is a nice back up when our databases lack the information they seek or if they cannot access the databases from home for some reason.

I loved iGoogle. I created a page. What fun gadgets that are available to customize one's page. I also enjoyed viewing some celebrity pages- too fun!!!

I also played around with Google Calendar because I loved the idea of anyone in my family being able to access it without me having to send them individual updates. It is great, but it doesn't allow you to color coordinate each person on the calendar as I can in Outlook. You can send the information to various people in their own color, but not place different colors within one calendar. Each person in my family has their own color so I know immediately who the activity/appt. is for on that particular day without looking at the details. For now, I will stick with Outlook, but I had a blast playing with all the Cool Google Tools today!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think Google Scholar is a great place for our high school students to use too. I am going to recommend it to our HOSA teachers as they are always looking for higher level journals and websites for their classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I am learning so much to take back with us next month. :)

    ReplyDelete