Thursday, July 16, 2009

23 Things: Thing #8

I really enjoyed learning about RSS, and I am thrilled to finally know how to access this information. I had been trying to do this for about 6 months off and on with no luck.
1. I like that RSS allows us to access the information we seek without having to go through all the other information that can be distracting or just cause longer search times.

2. I can definitely use this technology in the library to access helpful information for improving my skills in the library and to stay abreast of current trends. In my personal life, I can stay informed about current events and in areas that interest me. I am very excited about this!

3. Libraries/teachers/administrators can take advantage of this by sharing articles that are pertenient to their patrons or causes. This can extend classroom learning experiences, which encourages continued learning- a major goal of education.

I have included my shared RSS feeds in the right side column of my blog, or you may also access this information via http://www.google.com/reader/shared/06960053778803059744

No comments:

Post a Comment