Monday, July 20, 2009

23 Things: Thing #12

1. I found the points made in these particular posts were quite helpful. I agree that people need to add something substantial to a post rather than just say "good job", etc- although sometimes that is what they want to say. I liked the fact that the articles encouraged commenting as well as reply comments from the bloggers. It provides a community of discussion rather than someone preaching.

I also thought it was good to know about negative comments and some steps in how to handle them. As a new blogger, one is not comfortable with his/her abilities. I think it is only fair to comment in as pleasant and helpful way as possible rather than cutting some down to shreds.

2. Blogs that I posted comments to include:
- Ginny's Blog: http://ginnyscontemplations.blogspot.com/
You have a wonderful blog. I hope you get the opportunity to complete the 23 Things, as you seem to have a good grasp of what you have accomplished so far.
- No Shushing Action Included: http://noshushingaction.blogspot.com/
I love the name of your blog. There were so many Google tools. I spent many hours pouring through them myself. I am going to check out duckduckgo.com, as I have not heard of that one. Have fun with all the other "things." :)
- The Candy Wrapper: http://wellreadbearcat.blogspot.com/
Too true. As librarians, we are forever molding ourselves & our libraries to the current trends & trying to keep up with the changing times. At least in theory that is what all librarians do. :) I think without online classes such as 23 Things... available for free, we would become "old" in our way of thinking! On a side note- I am soooo impressed by your summer reading list. I didn't read nearly that many titles. Guess I took a vacation from reading, too! :)
- Logical Lori: http://www.logicallori.blogspot.com/
What an awesome podcast. You definitely get the idea without the sound. I am impressed that you are persevering without AC. I do NOTHING without AC in the summer. ha ha LOVE the picture of the day from National Geographic!
- Sassy Librarian: http://sassylibrarian2.blogspot.com/

3. Blogs I enjoy:
I really like the Boys Rule Boys Read! blog because all of the information is directed to boys and reading. Since I have 3 boys, I like to stay abreast of the latest information. There was even a link to a trailer for The Lightning Thief, which is my youngest son's favorite series. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. You are half way there. Keep it up! You can do it! The second half is so much easier! (Just a little pep talk to keep you motivated!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! I HAVE to finish this! :)

    ReplyDelete