Saturday, August 1, 2009

23 Things: Thing #13

Social bookmarking has quickly become very popular. I had previously heard of del.icio.us, but I really had no use for it. Now that I try to recall websites I searched whening earning my MLS, I wish I had used it as they are not so easy to find. I have always just added sites of interest to my favorites, but I do see the huge benefits in sharing sites with collegues and friends to expand our resources. While I am sure most of these are unavailable through my school district, I have recently discovered that diigo (previously furl) will be available to us. I am very excited about the prospects of not only social bookmarking with students and staff, but with the additional tools such as highlighting and notetaking, I think this will be a useful tool to all of us. The students can conduct research, highlight important information, and share what they have found with other students in their group or share it with the teacher to make sure they are on the right track. I think this will really expand learning in my school district.
I plan to spend some time in the next few weeks learning all about diigo, so I will be ready to help my staff implement it with their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment