Sunday, August 2, 2009

23 Things: Thing #15

Some great readings about Web 2.0, Library 2.0, and the Future of Libraries! I want to read more in my spare time, but I've read about half a dozen. I really think the future of libraries is tied up in Web 2.0. We have to stay with the changing trends and offer our patrons access to information in a way they are currently using it, but also in ways they haven't learned about and must learn before going to college. Having graduated with my MLS only last year, I can't agree enough that we need to be utlizing wikis, blogs, podcasts, etc. with our students as these are the means they will be required to use in college. School districts need to realize that our students are not up to par with students in other parts of the country, who actually use these tools in school. It is our job as librarians to encourage this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment