Tuesday, August 4, 2009

23 Things: Thing #20

Videos available on YouTube and TeacherTube can be utilized to support your lessons. Utilizing these methods for students to create products of learning would be a great way to get the students involved in the learning. It allows students to be more creative without the traditional pencil and paper boredom. As we move into the Web 2.0 world, we must be willing to use less traditional methods with our students, especially since they are already using these sources.

2 comments:

  1. That's hysterical and sad all at the same time. I wonder what my students would say. Crazy glasses for sure, I have lots, but hopefully none of those other things...mean, always shushing you, hair up in tight bun. That librarian they describe was the stereotype when I was a kid...many, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Leslie. The students at my school usually tell that I'm cool and not like the librarians on their home campuses. I rarely, if ever, shush them. :)

    ReplyDelete