Wednesday, August 5, 2009

23 Things: Thing #23

First of all, I want to say thank you for allowing me to participate in this experience. I had seen many of these while earning my MLS, but I really needed the refresher course.

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I really enjoyed them all, but I loved the mashups and learning about RSS feeds. I had been wondering how to get those to work, and now I am excited to be able to stay abreast of information.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
It has paired beautifully with additional outside reading that I currently do. I want to stay on top of the trends to ensure that I am in the loop when my 11th & 12th graders ask questions. To do that, I must continue taking courses like this one.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Not really- maybe just how much time is lost when you are having fun playing on the Internet. Allowed me to see why my kids spend so much time on the computer.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Nothing that I can think of right now. It was a great program!

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Absolutely!!!

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
AMAZING...INCREDIBLE!!!
I can't wait for the next class. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the words of encouragement on my blog. I am back at it, but I was getting a little discouraged. A lot of tasks, and I am spending too much time on each one. Part of me wants to do the tasks well, the other part gets fascinated by all the amazing things on the internet. Task 12 on commenting... I got lost in all the wonderful blogs out there. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete